Tuesday, January 6, 2009

To take or not to take...

My sewing machine is glaring at me. I finally fixed her and made stockings, but then I went on vacation and she's been sitting there, unused, ever since Christmas Eve. It's so sad. Her little light is on and everything. In a few hours, I will pack up to go back to Athens and I'm contemplating bringing her. If I did, I would have to buy a card table to put her on, but I'd also be able to sew whenever the notion strikes (it's really awful when I wake up at 3 AM with an idea for a picnic blanket. It starts out so wonderfully-- the lights go on in my room, the fabric comes out of the drawers,...then my face falls when I realize that both my sewing machine and my scissors are a la maison).

I have a hundred ideas for Valentines/Mardis Gras/birthday/Special day presents.



And I have three others that I'm trying to keep a secret. Only one of the pictures requires a sewing machine, and only two of the secrets needs a sewing machine, but it really is a drag to WANT to make a blanket or something and have to haul myself 140+ miles just to THINK about making it.

New York was loads of fun, ruined surprises and all. I took pictures, but I haven't uploaded them to my computer yet. When I do, this blog will have them. Go see The Little Mermaid on Broadway! My favorite movie turned into one of my favorite plays!

The packing must commence, and I should at least sew SOMETHING before I leave, in case poor Sheila the Singer has to stay home.

P.S. I hate PCs. I miss my Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment