Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 3

I'm thankful for the opportunity to serve.

I will serve by leading or serve by serving. I will serve by leading an example and I will serve with all my abilities.
If your gift is serving, devote yourself to serving others. If it is teaching, devote yourself to teaching others.
Romans 12:7
I will stop looking for thanks and I will stop feeling resentful when I don't get a "thank you."
Watch out! Don't do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your Father in Heaven. When you give to someone in need, don't do as the hypocrites do--blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I tell you the truth, they have received all the reward they will ever get. But when you give to someone in need, don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. Give your gifts in private, and your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.
Matthew 6:1-4
I will give as much as I can, as often as I can. 

I'm thankful for my health. I read Kylie's page every day, and it's hard to believe that a girl who lives in my town and is younger than my sister was diagnosed with bone cancer. I sit here, lazily, avoiding my homework, and I know that my family is safe, even though they're 70 miles away. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to any one of them. I'm thankful for their health, too. I really couldn't get through the day if I knew that something was wrong with them, or, worse yet, if something happened to one of them. 

I'm thankful that God always seems to have a hand in my life. Even in small things that most people call "chance" or "luck," I see God looking out for me. 

That's a good thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment