Monday, March 2, 2009

"At least you're functioning"

Thanks, One Pearl Button, for my gorgeous clutch and vintage finds! 

Today I realized that I'm not a big fan of snow. It's pretty and all, but a little inconvenient.  And it's more destructive than most of us realized. Pine trees were uprooted, branches are down all over the state, cars abandoned, and the poor daffodils suffocated. 

And power outages city-wide, just in time for midterms! 

But, I'm pretty studied up, thankfully. So now I'm working on a blanket and I'm excited about it. It's more tedious than I expected, but right now, I'm knitting with a color called "Almond" and it's really raptured my heart (the other colors are violet and "lake" *swoon*.) I've been taking pictures of the progress, but I've misplaced my cable to connect it to l'ordinateur

I'm wearing burgundy nail polish (Ms. Can't Be Wrong by O.P.I. for Sephora. It really is my favorite, besides Skinny Jeans, Madame President, and Cab Fare. And "Note to Self" which is on my left hand... who am I kidding? I love 95% of those colors. Probably more) and with my fair skin, all I can think of is a grown up Wednesday Adams (I was more of a "Munsters" baby myself, though).

I'm excited about Spring Break for the sole reason of my sewing machine. I had plans to go to Chicago, but those fell through. Believe me, I'm not upset at all. Sheila has been calling my name and I have plans for her! 

I have to say, though, even though I'm not a big fan of snow, I do enjoy snow days. Especially when they give me three extra days to study for a midterm! 

Love and scribbles,
Me

( Every time I watch a Harry Potter movie, I'm always really glad that Snape wasn't all bad. I love flawed heroes the most, because the world is full of them. )

No comments:

Post a Comment